How evidence-based treatments from your psychologists in Franklin Square, NY, can help you
Medicine has made some amazing changes in recent years. Advancements in treatments, technologies and general knowledge has made medicine as effective as it is today. One of the most powerful advancements is a new way of looking at medicine, known as evidence-based medicine. This new approach has changed treatments too. We now have evidence-based treatments, which are based on studies and scientific evidence.
The psychologists at Child and Family Psychology in Franklin Square, NY, provide a wide range of evidence-based treatments and services to help you.
So, what exactly is evidence-based treatment? Evidence-based medicine is defined as “conscientious, explicit, and judicious use of current best evidence in making decisions about the care of individual patients.” (Sackett, et al., 1996)
In other words, your psychologist is determining your treatment in accordance with the best information and evidence available. The evidence-based treatment approach offers many advantages, including:
- Improved care for the patient, because only the best practices and treatment are used
- An improved outcome for the patient because treatments are used which are proven effective
- Improved care based on current information because innovative techniques may also be used
- Increasing awareness and elimination of harmful practices, because harmful practices have been proven to be ineffective
- Increased awareness of adverse effects of treatments, because research and studies have shown the harmful effects of certain treatments
Evidence-based treatment has revolutionized the field of medicine, especially in psychology. Current studies and research and studies have demonstrated best practices to treat psychological issues in people of all ages.
The scope and effectiveness of treatments have changed dramatically. What has been shown to work, is used widely. What has been shown to be ineffective, has been discontinued as a treatment.
To discover more about the advantages of evidence-based treatments and how they can help you, call the psychologists at Child and Family Psychology in Franklin Square, NY. You can reach them in the office by calling (516) 750-4841, so call today.