How your child psychologists in Franklin Square, NY, can help your child
Being a parent is the most rewarding, but often the most difficult role you will ever have. It can be difficult to distinguish between normal behavior and what might be a behavioral disorder. What seems like normal boundary testing and defiance, could be a sign of something else. A child psychologist can help.
Dr. Renee Clauselle and Dr. Francyne Zeltser at Child and Family Psychology in Franklin Square, NY, offer a wide variety of child and family psychology services to help you and your child.
There are many life-changing events that can cause your child to have problems. Moving to a new location, starting a new school, divorce or the death of a loved one, or chronic health issues are just a few of the reasons why your child might need help from a child psychologist.
So, when should you have your child see a child psychologist? These are some signs and symptoms for you to pay attention to:
- Frequent feelings of sadness and unhappiness
- Frequent mood swings and negative attitude
- Chronic aches and pains
- Hyperactivity and frequent fits of temper
- Frequent nightmares and difficulty sleeping
- Poor academic performance in school
- Feeling anxious and fearful about going to school
- Thoughts of self-harm or suicide
- Frequent anger issues and rages
- Defiance against authority figures
- Substance abuse including alcohol or drugs
- Damaging property or stealing
Child psychologists can help your child with:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety or clinical depression
- Eating or sleeping disorders
- Behavioral or neurological disorders
A child psychologist can help your child learn coping mechanisms to deal with life changes. Common treatments include:
- Medication therapy to help with anxiety, depression, and mood swings
- Counseling to help your child learn to manage stress
- Diet and lifestyle modifications to limit exposure to triggering issues
To learn more about when your child should see a psychologist, talk with the experts. Call Dr. Renee Clauselle and Dr. Francyne Zeltser at Child and Family Psychology in Franklin Square, NY. You can reach them in the office by calling (516) 750-4841, so call today!